A complainant who is dissatisfied with the way the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman has dealt with his or her case can write a letter to request a review of the case. The investigation will be reviewed by a member of senior staff who has not been involved in the case before. If there is some dispute about the failure to adequately investigate and we close our file, the complainant is able to request that their MP refer the case to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).

The PHSO’s contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP;

Telephone: 0345 015 4033;

Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk